Day 17
Hello guys, today we woke up around 8 and went to find a taxi to go to the Liahona primary school. Owned by a man in our branch! (Obviously he's LDS the name is Liahona) haha. It is far away over by Kyemula in manafwa district. We got a taxi and crammed in as always. When we arrived We saw that literally there are 500 kids in this school. The most I've ever seen!
Funny they are not afraid of the other white people but they are afraid of me. Assuming cause I am white hair, eyebrows, green eyes, and very fair skinned. But I played with them and jump out at them and they would run away so fast or just scream and laugh and some of them touch my skin to see what it feels like. Ha ha!
We walked around the school and figured out our project which is just providing the funding for the new area of the school to be built. They will contribute labor and contractor if we contribute money hahaha.
We then walked back to find bodas and me and Robyn got on what was about to be the scariest boda ride of my life. Never get on a boda that the driver has a helmet on Cause they don't care really that much about how safe you feel. They feel invincible. I did a lot of yelling on this ride. I seriously screamed at him like 10 times. "IMPOLA IMPOLA" "YOU TAKE CAUTION OR WE WILL NOT PAY!" hahaha.
The driver mellowed out further along the drive and I felt a little better. But when we got off the boda My leg brushed the muffler and I got a huge blistering burn. It kills! It was probably the worst hour of my trip haha. We got in the house and I ran It under cold water then put some burn ointment on it.
Then I had to run out and get my laundry that was hanging to dry before it started down pouring.
Now me and Amanda are working on the project proposal for soccer. I don't think I'm gonna go back out today. I need a break from bodas. I think I'll walk this weekend haha. Even though walking is just as dangerous in Mbale. I'd Rather be hit by a boda/car than be on the boda when it crashes though ha ha!
It's Taylor's half birthday and it means a lot to him so we are going out to dinner! haha. Then We went and bought 2 movies for a dollar each which was coooool. Movie night tonight!!
We are eatin at Cosmo and I'm having tomato avocado onion salad haha. It's literally tomato, avocado and onions. Haha it's way good though! So after dinner we will go home and turn in for the night.
I will include a pic of the beautiful town I am living in!
No comments:
Post a Comment