Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 8 Rural Village Bona Byoca

Day 8 in Uganda
Today first off I'd like to recognize my passion for music..... How it really does inspire and influence my life and so many others lives. The other day we were walking To the casa hostel as we passed a restaurant that plays random American music. I was kinda sad/down that day, but then I heard "Still Dre" by Dr. Dre hahaha weird but out of all the things that could make me happy for the rest of the day that song did. Snoops part is the best. Okay, way off topic Haha but isn't it amazing that one song can turn your whole day around? I am bubbly today! This morning is definitely a happy one. Woke up happy, and we blasted music all through the house. We all jammed to ms Jackson by outkast. It es a good happy beat haha.
Today we will make the loooonngg journey to bona byoca. A very rural village with our health center. We will be there all day long. So we'll see how it goes.
On our way to bona byoca our 15 person taxi went through four wheeler sized roads. Haha. We got stuck a few times and had to get out and push. The villagers come and help every time. They are very generous here haha.
 After a 1 hour crazy taxi ride we got on our own bodas, and we all straddled them and had to sit very far up and squeeze tight to the boda drivers so we could get up the mountain. It was 20 minutes of legit motorcycling on a Rocky Mountain and then we got to a little village where there are so many people just sitting there.
The villagers all came around me cause I was the first one there and so I was the only mzungus for about 10 minutes. The kids came out and asked me small questions and asked if I could dance. They brought music and started singing so I danced with them and they laughed at me :/ hahaha but I still danced with about 100 kids! Haha. It was cool.
When everyone else arrived we then hiked for about 30 minutes up a mountain. We finally got to the village where the clinic is. I sat down and the children came to me slowly, touching my skin and hair very gently. (They think it might feel different than their skin) it is cool. This is where we have a clinic, we are the only organization in the whole world that comes here because it's a long journey to get here. Right now I am siting in a tree house on a cliff, looking into Kenya. It is absolutely gorgeous and crazy! I can't believe we are here! It's beautiful.
At this clinic we partner with CFA which is Christian faith in action. Tess and tabby who are Kenyans are head of CFA and they are rad Jesus freaks! In a good way! Haha. Their story is long like everyone's, I would tell it but this blog would become a novel if I did. So just remember all my blog posts are very short compared to the real story haha. When we start working here once a week, two volunteers will come here one night a week. I'm sure I will do it at least once and it'll be fun and very cool to stay in such a rural beautiful place. These villagers are so kind, the kindest people in Uganda I think haha.

We had a back to school party and all the kids did a bigggg dance for us and it was so cute. I jumped up with them and joined Hahahah. It was so funny.

We handed out new notebooks and pencils. Then we gave em juice and crackers. Then we met with the village Elders. Followed by a deathly boda ride back down the mountain. A few of us fell off and rolled down the mountain. One girl is actually in pain still from her fall. And to add to that we then had a deathly taxi ride. We left at 930 this morning. Got home at 930 tonight. 12 hour day in rural Africa.....I'M IN AFRICA!!!!! So weird.
We will go to 3 more meetings tomorrow again soooo ya haha funnn. Friday we will paint st Stevens. That's all so far.
I miss scott. It's my moms birfday tomorrow!!!!!!  Love that wonderful lady. I will say more about it tomorrow but just so you all know. Wish the greatest mom on the planet a happy birthday.
I just took a shower after being disgustinggggg. Here it takes like 2 hours and then you are disgusting again haha. I was camping the weekend before I came here and I literally haven't felt like I stopped. I'm still camping! Right now there is no power. I shower by boiling water on a fire and then dump it onto myself... Then I put on smelly dirty clothes again hahaha. Ahh Africa



No comments:

Post a Comment