Friday, September 12, 2014

Day 10 Paint the latrines

Day 10
Today we will go to St Stevens and paint latrines. Apparently since the last time we have been there they haven't been using toilet paper. So they just wipe there hands all over the walls when they are done. Hahaha (how charming huh:) so we are really painting poop:) haha. It's about an hour freakin bumpy taxi ride then we got there and it's a secondary school so it's mostly teenagers.
We painted the whole thing and then the weather turned to a down pour......we waited it out and went back and it was ruined. Soooo We painted it all again haha.
The teens were having their back to school party haha. With a dj and everything. After we were done painting they fed us and invited us into the party.... First off. The worst rice and beans I've ever had. Even though it is so nice of them to give up food to us. It tasted just like what you would think a coal from the fire would taste like and they give you soooooo much! I wasn't hungry to start out with and I had to eat it all it was the hardest thing to do. I'm grateful for not having to cook food over a fire.
Anyways. The party was theeee craziest thing Hahahah. Some of the boys got a bit handsy but the girls would protect us hahaha. It was so funny. A nice, fun boy grabbed my hands and taught me a dance and I danced with him for the rest of the time hahaha cause he was respectful haha. It was way crazy. But soooo fun! How many people can say they have been to a school rave in the middle of rural Uganda? Hahaha I'm sure not many of you!
2 hours later we got home and now we need to figure out dinner. I got the paint outta my hair and now I'm gonna head to endiro cause they have small cheap sandwiches that are like normal food. I'm sick of rice and beans! Some pictures from today: little boy with dr dre t-shirt.... Hahaha. And the sweetest little boy I met I didn't wanna leave him :( and a picture of how I looked while painting:0





No comments:

Post a Comment