Saturday, September 13, 2014

Day 11 Hike to Sipi Falls

Day 11 in Uganda:
"Venture out, ships must leave the harbor. People need to leave refuge and navigate the seas of life.""Ships are meant to navigate the oceans and to experience adventure."
(Read further down if ya wanna know what those quotes are from)
Today was a good one for sure. We got up and went to the taxi park to go hike Sipi Falls.
Its way cool y'all. Sipi Falls includes 3 waterfalls. When we got to the top we looked around and it was literally a rain forest like you see in movies. Haha. To get anywhere near the falls (kinda hard cause there are huge boulders in the way....we climbed through them) you get soaked. It's what I imagine being in a hurricane feels like. When you get back out you're disoriented and dizzy cause it is so intense haha.
We were daring enough to go all the way down and dunk ourselves in the freezing cold, creepy, dark water that could suck you in if ya let it haha. It was very dangerous but hey.... We are crazy muzungus and did it anyways haha. We have a GoPro vid of it that I'm sure you guys will see sometime.
We hiked down and were sopping wet, also it had rained so it was muddy. Oh and guess what? I slipped and me and my luck found a nice wet cow pie to land in. NICEEEEEEE!! So I hiked down covered in disgusting poop hahaha. It was fun... And I gagged a lot hahaha.
We washed off at the bottom and then left on our drive back. I love drives with my group. We always laugh so hard. Well me and Robyn just make up way funny scenarios and laugh soooo hard hahaha. We got home and I took a nice bucket shower (duh) haha. Some of our group worked on our outdoor oven; It is coming along nicely :)
After my shower I sat for about ten minutes, and thought about what I was doing in Africa? And how long I was gonna be here? For the first time, I was totally okay and happy to be here. Soooooo, I UNPACKEd, FINALLY!!! After almost 2 weeks of living out of 3 large suitcases and refusing to unpack I finally did it. It feels good honestly. It was a big stepping stone cause I accepted the fact that I was gonna be here. Haha. Good for me huh with unpacking.
While I was unpacking I found a little article and note that my brother snuck into my luggage.  It is called "Venture Out" By Elder Costa of the seventy. You should all read it. It is great! And it helped me a lot. That's what the quotes are from at the beginning.
Anyways, power is out, phones gonna die. So I must say farewell for today
Love you all! Have a good day! And remember to thank your Heavenly Father for how blessed you are to live like you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment