Day 14
It was a good day. Started out with having a great dream and waking up very happy and uplifted!
I didn't know exactly what I was gonna do today cause our plan fell through last night. But I decided to go paint the latrines again. Having to drive far out of Mbale is really annoying everyday. Cause the roads are not good and it's scary. But it's worth it, the people here are so nice. And amazing. They really do care so much about what we are doing and they are so grateful that we would leave our comfortable homes to travel 11 thousand miles just to lend a hand.
It's amazing that I came here to help them, but they have really ended up helping me. I have learned so much in the past two weeks of being away. I hadn't ever lived on my own before this and although It has only been two weeks of doing it.... (Plus I deserve a lil more credit cause I'm in Africa) but ya most of the people in our group are older, they know how to live away from home, they have college under their belts, and most have been on missions and stuff and I'm just like "hey I'm charly I am 18 and I like skiing and I barely graduated high school" haha.
But yet the Ugandans don't care that I'm "under qualified" or whatever, they want my help. No matter what. So being here has forced me to grow upppp. And I like it! I'm definitely not comin back to the states the same way I left.
Hey btw, if any of you readers have any idea of what I should do for employment when I do come home, lemme know alright?:) haha thanks.
Anyways today we painted latrines again and it rained again haha. So we must go back again. Lots of "agains" haha. I like Mbale though. Going to the market and bartering for tomatoes that cost 30 cents haha. Or speaking a little ligisu here and there and having the Ugandans just bewildered but also proud of you haha, It's good.
We see fellow Mzungus on the road sometimes and we just look at each other and automatically have a connection, like "ya were in Africa, we are cool" hahaha. It's fun!
Not having internet most the time and not having power a lot of the time really does teach ya to live simple. Haha okay I have written enough today, have fun readin it!
Move to Provo. Work at doTERRA. It's bomb. miss you. love you.
ReplyDelete