Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 23-24 "Mzungus, have you been saved?"

Day 24
I have been kinda lazy on the blog posts! Haha I'm sorry!
Also the power has been out for basically 48 hours for no reason at all so that's also why. I haven't had a phone haha.
Today's blog post is just gonna be a quick run on everything I have done, felt, and thought about Uganda and the people here.
We have been working everyday on multiple projects. From working in the maternity ward at Mbale regional, to building and painting tables for the water filter system we gave an orphanage.
I am excited to go to bona buyoca again next week for many reasons but one being we will be deworming all the children at the school! It'll be great!
We also will be doing an English lesson. Which we need to plan on taking an hour and literally being teachers. It'll be challenging but I can't wait!
One thing I have noticed about the people here and the people back at home, I love how no matter what religion, they ALL know the importance of God in their lives. From child to elderly. They all know and live as if they will meet God tomorrow. I like to think it is because they don't have a choice but to believe in God; Because they have nothing but Him to rely on to help them survive.
But at home we have more than what we need and we believe that we provide for ourselves. But in reality we are just extremely blessed. And we take it for granted! They have so much love for God here! And I'm not saying the states dont but it's just more uncommon there. Haha also they literally care that everyone gets saved. I have been asked a number of times "Mzungus, have you been saved?" And I say "yes" And they are very proud of me!
 I just love the love they have for God and everyone around them! In some ways they are far better off than the states. At least in that area. Anyways I just wanted to say that! Hope it gives ya a little taste of how it feels to be here. I love it! Thanks for readin, have a good day and stay safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment