Hello! Saturday was way way fun. Our days off are usually kinda boring. But today was great ! This morning we went to IUIU. Islamic university in Uganda. We have to be fully vailed for this visit so we all wore long sleeves long skirts and scarves over our hair and necks. I will include pictures of my head scarf haha. I couldn't really take myself seriously while wearing it hahaha. Not trying to be disrespectful.
Later Robyn and I went to the casa to eat and ran into out friend Baker. He told us that it was National Tourism day and that there was a big carnival thing at the stadium and invited us to go!
We went and there were lions and a leopard and monkeys and an ostrich and a camel hahaha. There were stands and a face painting and a lot of stuff to do.
The President of Tourism spoke. She told a story of a young women who came to Uganda and had a great visit but then on her way to airport to go home her bags were stolen along with passport and all her money. The President said this was a great disservice to Uganda; this young women could have spoken well of Uganda but now all she will say is that she was robbed. African's want tourism so everyone encourages each other to treat visitors with care.
We spent the whole day with Saleh, Baker and their families. Saleh's daughters are seriously the cutest. Nina and Nicole are their names and they are soooo gorgeous. It was a fun day!
Me and Robyn bought these huge comfy pants that are just flowy and are soooo nice. We got home around 7 and just hung out till we went to sleep.
Today is Sunday it has been good! Nothing much happened Ha ha especially compared to last week.
It has been a long day. I hate our days off they are so boring especially when you don't wanna spend money. Robyn and I had a movie marathon to pass the time. We watched The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Catching Fire.
We have to start a meeting now. Our meetings are so long and so boring. We go through every single day and pretty much plan every single minute for the week: I hate it but I guess it's good for us to plan.
This week is busy, busy, busy, my friends! It's my last full week and that is seriously crazy to me! Tomorrow I will meet Melele at nine am and FINALLY START THE SOCCER THING (things move slow in Africa!) We will go to schools in Namatala and get the girls signed up.
Then Tuesday and Wednesday I am going to Bona Buyoca again!!!!:):):) I'm really looking forward to it. I can't wait!
Then Thursday I don't know yet. But Friday is brick making day. Yes the kind where you stomp in the mud with straw. Yes that kind of brick making! Ha ha
Then we are headin to Jinja to raft the Nile! It's gonna be a good week everyone!
I hope you can all say the same in America!! Have a good sabbath!
P.S. My burn is looking better!


No comments:
Post a Comment